Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Party!

Sauerkraut Here!


I love to plan parties! Yes, I love to plan parties, love it! Most would agree that planning a party is fun, but for me it's bigger than that. When I hear the phrase "We should have a party" I can actually feel my blood race faster. My head explodes with grand ideas, and in a matter of seconds I can picture the end result, fabulous! For most a party is a gathering with a few close friends, possibly some balloons, some colorful paper plates, and a banner. No, not for me. In my mind a simple BBQ is grand occasion! I'm talking "Sweet Sixteen"/Kimora Lee Simmons type shit. In my mind every party needs over the top very creative invitations in several forms (Snail mail, email, text messaging, etc.), huge venues, a total transformation of the room (So much so, that when you walk in you feel like you're in another word, not the conference room at a hotel), a dress code (Everyone wheres white), balloons, food and drink that fit the theme of the party perfectly, party favors, etc. For example: Let's say I'm having a "Space Odyssey Party" here's some things I would do:

Space Odyssey Party


Invitation: They would look like rocket, UFO's, planets, etc.
Wear: A Space Suit
Party Favors: Globe Erasers, Rock Candy, Glow in the Dark star stickers for your ceiling stuffed into a paper coffee cup made to resemble a rocket.
Games: A bean bag toss. Create a space that resembles the solar system. Whoever tosses their bean bag the furthest from the sun, wins!
Food: A rocket cake with sparklers for the candles, rocket pops (Those stupid red, white, and blue Popsicles), etc.
Decorations: Fireworks!

You get the point. I go all out! This, in my mind is a party. If I could somehow plan parties for a living I would be so happy. If I could somehow make enough money so I could host parties of this caliber, I would be so happy. For now I will just wish really hard that my friends will make lots of money and call me when they plan to get married, celebrate their children's birthday's, wedding anniversaries, etc. Fuck I love this shit!

No comments: